Monday, May 26, 2008

We're Home.....

We left for the cottage on Thursday and got home around noon today. I was able to get Gertie to Aldi's in time for her to get her damn plants....lol. It was a bit chilly and rainy the first day, then gradually got a little warmer as the days passed. No complaints here though! It was perfect camping weather for us! My whole family was there this weekend, so that was nice. Lots of good food too! Gram made pot roast one night, and lasagna another night...then we had a big cookout on Sunday. The kids had a blast down there....especially Lukas. He was on the go all weekend. I am sure he'll be more than ready for bed tonight....woo hoo!! It's so nice to see my kids enjoy the cottage as much as I did as a kid. I think Grandma enjoys seeing that too. I've been dealing with a stomach ache since about 2 a.m this morning. Not sure what the hell that is all about! I am hungry though....and Mike has some yummy Ohama Steaks on the grill right now. I am making some mushrooms & onions and eating up the pasta salad that I made for yesterday. I have a feeling that I am going to regret eating dinner given the way that my stomach aches right now.....but there's no way I am letting those steaks go to waste....lol. Looks like my week is a pretty calm one this week....not too much going on. We brought the camper home with us rather than leave it down to the cottage so that we can get it cleaned up and ready to go to Pocono (we're going to a NASCAR race June 5-9). Well....I smell my dinner! Gotta run!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Not much going on here this week either, except boring old housework. BLAH! Talk soon!