Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Watch Out Pocono, PA...The Slate's Are On Their Way!

We are almost packed and ready to go to Pocono! I am so excited, as are the kids and Mike too. This will be Jake's first big race. Me...I could care less about the race. I'd rather watch paint dry. That's why I'm not going to the race. I am staying at the campground with Lukas and my neice, Morgan, while everyone else goes to the race. In all, there are 4-5th wheel campers, and 16 people going! I have spent the last 3 days shopping and making food. If Michael had any clue as to what I've spent, he really would "ground" me....lol. Jake has a friend, Luke Evans, going with us. I'm sure things will get confusing with 2 "Luke's" with us. When I picked Lukas up at school today, they informed me that "pink eye" is going around the school, and that they sent a student out of Lukas' class home with it today. Beautiful!! The way our luck goes, we'll be in PA and have to find an ER or something. I came home, dug through the cupboard, and found a bottle of what I call "liquid gold"......Vigamox.....the "pink eye" antibiotic. The bottle is tiny. I'm not even sure if there't an ounce in there. If you don't have insurance....which back in the day, I didn't......that little bottle costs about $45. Oddly enough, if you have insurance, it's only about $15 and we have to pay like $5 of it. Anyway. I'm all set should Lukas start rubbing his eyes. Well, guess that I should go finish up the laundry and packing up the camper. I'm sure I'll have lots of interesting stories to tell you all when I get back on Monday!

Slate, out.

No comments: