Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We Must Be Doing Something Right

I took Lukas to the mall today to do some Father's Day shopping. On our way into the mall, he was a few steps ahead of me. When he got to the door, not only did he hold the door open for me, but also for the elderly lady behind me! I gave him a hug once we got inside and told him how proud of him I was. Then, later at Walmart, he walked in front of someone and I heard him say "Excuse me". Again, I hugged him and told him how proud of him I was. So, like I told Michael....he may be a piss pot most of the time, but we must be doing something right. It's a good feeling, and left me feeling all warm and fuzzy.....until I heard him going "BEEP, BEEP....OUTTA THE WAY!!" while I was pushing him in the shopping cart.....lol. You never know what he's going to say or do!

I took him to pick up his tux........and just as I suspected.....it didn't fit. Far from it as a matter of fact. The day that I took him into to be fitted, the chick doing the measurements was busier than hell and was rushing. So I have had a feeling from day one that we were going to have problems. Today she took everything out of the bag, handed it to me, then left the room to help someone else. I got a hold of the pants and new immediately that they were NEVER going to fit. I kid you not....these pants looked like they were made to fit a fat midget!! They were HUGE around the waist, and the legs were super short. Out of curiosity, I decided to try them on anyway. If you were to hold the waist band out in front of him, there had to have been a good 10 inches of space. They were a MEN'S SIZE 27 WAIST!! They had taken the legs of the pants, stuffed them up inside the pant leg, then "stitch witched" the leg to the inside of the pant. The bottom cuff was almost up to his crotch. The chick came in, asked how things were going and I told her "Not so good!" She looked at it and asked who had measured him. I told her that she had. She measured him again, and she said that his waist is measuring 27" (which I still find hard to believe). On the sides of the pants there are some fastener thingies that can take the waist in or out. She adjusted them all the way in, and they were still HUGE! She sat there gawking at them, then started to say "Hmmmm....well, I could probably take them in here...." and I had to cut her off and tell her that they looked terrible and that he needed all new pants. DUH!! I'm no seamstress.....far from it.....but you didn't have to be to figure out that there was something DRASTICALLY wrong with these pants! Even if she could fix the waist, the crotch of the pants was hanging down to his knees! Then, if the pants situation wasn't enough, I went to try the shoes on him. They were a size 11 and I had ordered a size 1. Ridiculous. I am furious at the fact that I have to take him back in either tomorrow or Friday, depending on when the new pants come in. They'd damn well better have gotten it right when I go back or I'm going to raise holy hell. I'm glad that I went today rather than wait till Friday! The wedding is Saturday for God's sake! Why in the hell they would send a 5 year old MENS pants is beyond me! It's not like he's some kind of freak of nature, 150 pound 5 year old! He's just a BIT bigger than average.

No comments: