Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What A Wicked Storm!

There was a tornado watch posted across the bottom of the tv when I got up yesterday morning, but I didn't think much about it, as most people probably didn't either. It was a super hot, sunny day, just like the past few days have been around the area. Shortly before noon it got really, really dark and the wind picked up ALOT. I stood with the front door open, watching the sheets of rain come across our front yard. It was really amazing! Suddenly there was a huge burst of wind, and the glass bottom part of our door blew right in and the inside door smashed against the wall!! I let out a screech like you wouldn't believe! I got the door shut, grabbed Lukas and ran into our bedroom to get Michael....not that that helped any. He was so totally out of it that a freight train could have ripped through the house and he wouldn't have flinched. Of course, he had been awake for over 24 hours prior to going to bed. The storm went as quickly as it came, and within a few minutes, the noon news was reporting damage allover the north country. We sustained no damage here except a ew things throw about the yard. Lukas' Little Tykes Pirate Ship was thrown a few hundred feet across the back yard and into the wood lot out back, Jake's basketball hoop was flipped over (and that weighs a TON!), our 4-wheeler trailer was pushed back about 20 feet, and we lost something off the roof....some kind of "cap"? Other people weren't so lucky in neighboring towns. Roofs were blown off, trees fell on cars. Mass chaos! Kind of exciting though...lol. Ever since I've lived up here on Gobbler's Knob, I've been dying for a real good storm...especially in the winter! I love the excitement.

Lukas went to school today. His "poison ivy" is alot better since I started putting the calamine lotion on him. I'm not really sure now if this is poison ivy because it nevr itched him at all....but it sure does resemble it. Either way, I'm glad it' clearing up. His legs look terrible! I'm thankful that it's not all over his face or neck. He's in my cousin Kyle's wedding this weekend. I have to take him to pick up his tuxedo today. He's going to be so stinkin' cute in it!! His birthday is less than a week away (the 16th). He's going to be 5! So hard to believe. I did up the invitations to his birthday party last night. He's having a "cowboy party". I'm having a dillema over who to invite in his class. The "right" thing to do would be to invite everyone in his class. But there is one kid in his class that is a total little asshole, and to be quite honest, I don't want the kid at my house. He's a HUGE disruption in the classroom, and he drives the kids NUTS! There's also a little girl in his class that isn't quite as bad, but still ranks right up there. So, I'm doing the "wrong" thing and inviting a select few and sending their invitations to them at their home. Awful, I know. But besides everything else, I have enough other kids to invite that if I were to invite all 20 out of his class, I'd have a zillion kids here. So screw it!

Off to take a shower, pick up the house, pick up Lukas then off to town to get groceries and Lukas' tux!

No comments: