Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I haven't posted in a while.....

Lukas' party turned out great! We were a little worried about the weather. According to the news, that day was supposed to be a "washout". Turned out to be gorgeous, which meant that I could do all of the activities that I had planned for outside. We had 17 kids show up! I think that everyone (adults included) had a great time. The "panning for gold" was a huge hit with the kids! Lukas received a TON of gifts. We immediately sent out thank you notes....he wasn't too keen on the idea of signing his name to all of them. Typical man.

The Tuesday following Lukas' party, my childhood friend, Cyndy, paid me a visit! Cyndy lives in NC now and is a 5th grade school teacher. She is expecting her first child, a boy, in December. We had a really nice visit, and I was sad to see her go. Unless I get down there when the baby is born, I probably won't see her again until next summer when she pays me my annual visit :(

Lukas "graduated" from Pre-K on Wednesday! What a nice ceremony it was! The children put on a little play, followed by a tear-jerking slideshow, and a luncheon. It was all so nice. His teachers are wonderful and they work so hard at everything they do. The program has been wonderful for Lukas. I'm so sad for Lukas that he has no idea what a milestone this is, and that he can never relive this wonderful time in his life.

Jake's last day of school was Monday. Lukas' was Wednesday. That means......summer vacation is in full gear. Ugggggggh. Why, oh why do the school's do this to us?!? Summer rec starts on July 7th. It runs 5 days a week from 9 am to 3 pm....which means 6 hours of peace on the days that I choose to send them!! Woo hoo!! Aren't I awful??

This past weekend we went camping at Westcott's Beach. My best friend, Beth, and her family went as well, and so did Beth's sister and her family. Turns out, my cousin Heidi and her family were camping just down from us! We had a great time, and the weather cooperated for the most part. We did have a storm on Sunday evening though. That was a little hairy for a few minutes. We brought the camper home, restocked it with more food and clean laundry, and we will be heading to the cottage tomorrow for the 4th of July.

Gotta keep this short as it is getting late. Thought I had better update this thing before I get too behind!!

No comments: