Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Well, it's FINALLY here....Christmas is just a few hours away. I am proud to say that even though I didn't start our shopping 'til last Friday, I am all done, and everything is wrapped (with the exception of a couple of "Santa" gifts for the boys!). I am working today, but it doesn't really bother me. I'd rather be here than at home with the kids driving me nuts...lol!! Our boss is letting us go at noon, and I just have to run to the grocery store for a couple of things....then home to take my turkey out (I put it in before I left for work this morning). We have to go to my Grandmother Smith's tonight for our annual doings there, and I am making Turkey Divan and a Cherry Dump cake to bring! Mmmmmm! While at the store I have to pick up some "break-n-bake" cookies for Lukas and I to make for The Big Guy (Mike...lol). Mike has yet to start his shopping. He came home from work this morning to nap a bit before heading out the mall. Not sure why he does this year after year, though I have to say, he does a pretty good job and isn't usually gone very long (bastard!). I, as do most of the moms out there, get the SHAFT when it comes to the holiday preparations! We do the decorating, the shopping, the wrapping, the cooking, the Christmas cards, the clean-up, the putting away.....uggggggh.....I get tired just thinking about it. That's alright.....Mike flipped the bill.....lol....so I guess I'll shut up and put up! Well, guess it's time to start shutting things down here at work. Hope you and your families have a wonderful Christmas! I'll be sure to update you on our holiday when I return to work on Monday (Mike and I are both off until then.....THAT OUGHTTA BE FUN!).

No comments: