Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ringing In the New Year!!

The countdown to me getting intoxicated has begun....lmfao!! I made the trip to the liquor store yesterday.....bought some raspberry vodka for me, and some plain vodka for the old man. We're heading to my friend Char's tonight....I can't wait. Char is the sister to our friend Carol, who was Mike's best friend in high school. Carol, Char, their sister, Dora, and their families have all gotten to be good friends of ours, and hanging out with them is always a riot! Jake's new "squeeze" is actually Char's daughter, Erika. The kids are going with us, and they're just as excited as we are. Well, I say "we".....Mike, honestly, could give two shits if we went or not. That's just how he is. It takes ALOT to get him excited about ANYTHING.....well.....except for one thing....and that only takes as little as a light breeze....but that's a whole other story! lol

I had to work today. Kind of stupid if you ask me. I have done absolutely nothing today, and we have only had a handful of calls. I have to say that I am getting rather sick of people looking for handouts. I realize that times are tough....and that many, may people in our area are having a hard time making ends meet.....BUT.....I have never seen such irresponsibility in my life since I started working here. You wouldn't believe the number of people that call here looking for help with their heat, their fuel, their prescriptions, BATTERIES for their flashlights! My God people.....get off your asses and do SOMETHING about your situation!! I could go on about this all day....but better save it for another day, as I am sure that I'll have many more days in the very near future where I am going to be even more disgusted.....our "Care & Share" program opens tomorrow, which means that we are going to be BOMBARED with calls from people looking for help with their heating bills. Ugggggggh. Can't wait til Friday.

Well, I think the boss is letting me leave a WHOLE HOUR EARLY.....so I better get things picked up here. Hope you all have a WONDERFUL New Year full of wonderful blessings!

No comments: