Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Big "Nor'Easter"

So....we got the snow that I talked about yesterday....a SHITLOAD of it! We woke up to about 2 foot of snow at our house. Luckily we didn't lose power, but getting out of the house proved to be tricky. The drifts outside the back door were probably 4 1/2 feet deep. My poor Terra had to do her business on the porch this morning! You all know how I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the winter months....but this is a bit ridiculous! It's only October for God's sake! There was no way I was getting to work on time today....I had to wait for Mike to get home and plow out the driveway with the big tractor. Besides, the town didn't come up through with the plow until well after 9. I did end up getting to work around 10:30, but it was a hairy ride in. The roads were slippery as hell. But I made it, and I guess that's what counts! Gotta love life in the North Country.....I know I do!

Here are some pics. The first one is a picture of our house as the snow was first starting to fall. The second pic was taken from my back door, looking down the stairs at the drift that surrounded my car this morning!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor little Tara, she would definately have gotten lost in the snow. Glad you made it to work, i figured there was no way you would.