Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Slate's 2nd Annual Camper Jam!

The weather was super for our 2nd Annual Camper Jam! We couldn't have asked for it to be any nicer, that's for sure. We had 5 campers (inluding us), and a total of 21 people, with a few more popping in and out over the weekend. We did the "garbage can turkey" thing again, but with not as much luck as last year. LONG story made short, it came time to eat, and not even one of the 3 turkeys that we had were done. None. 60 pounds of turkey in all, and not even a bite of it was ready to eat. We ran out of charcoal for the cans, so couldn't finish cooking them that way....so on the grills they went. Wen ate at about 9:15....which was so late that people ate, then pooped out. Moral of the story for next year....smaller turkeys, or PIZZA both nights!! I worked my ass off all weekend....way too much time in the kitchen with that much company.

We're off to OLD FORGE CAMPING RESORT this weekend for their AUTUMN ADVENTURE WEEKEND. Again, there'll be 5 campers and the same amount of people.....our camping "posse" you could say. I am really looking forward to this! I love it in Old Forge, especially at this time of year. This will also be our last camping excursion until Spring, which saddens me a bit. It saddens me even more that we have to make payments on the camper all winter, and not be able to use it....lol!!

I am working late today. I came in early too. I am working 8:30 to 4 today to help out as we are short staffed this week. My boss did give me Friday off, which is awesome, and come to find out, I get paid for not working on Monday (Columbus Day)! I have also been asked to take a class in Syracuse next weekend which will help me to assist when a person or family is misplaced after a disaster such as a fire (I get paid for this too, as well as mileage!).

Well, suppose I had better wrap this up and get my desk cleaned off. Can't wait to see what kind of mess the kids have for me when I get home.....Jake and Lukas are off today, and have been home by themselves all day (well, Mike is in bed sleeping). Ugggggh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun. Sorry we didn't make it up, hopefully next year we'll be there, camper in tow :) Have fun this weekend, hope the weather is good for you! Watch out for the bears LOL