Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our 7th Anniversary

Yesterday was our 7th Anniversary, as well as Mike's 37th birthday. Seems so hard to believe that it's only been 7 years, when in reality, it seems like an eternity (not in a bad way!). I looked through our wedding photos yesterday. It's always a bittersweet experience. So many people that were at our wedding have since passed away.....my Grandfather Hunt, Mike's dad, and my good friend Heather, just to name a few. The kids have all gotten so big....Jake, my little brother and sister, my nephew Ryan, Heather's daughter Genny, and Beth's daughter Marisa....they were all sooooo little back then! We've seen alot of good times since then, sprinkled with a few bad. But all in all, I think it's safe to say that we're both just as happy, if not happier, now, then we were then.




We celebrated Saturday night by going out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse....our favorite! This was a big deal for me because we NEVER go out! Mike's mom made dinner for us on Sunday night. Last night I picked up some pizza and made a salad. I also got an ice cream cake. Mike had to rush through the whole thing because the idiots from the woodstove place were there AGAIN trying to get the damn thing working right, and they didn't leave til well after 6 o'clock. I bought Mike some RED WING work boots for his birthday. He was thrilled, to say the least. He sent me flowers at work. They are my favorite: carnations....and in my favorite fall colors! Here is a picture:

This weekend is going to be another busy one for us. At least Friday and Saturday are! Friday, of course, is Halloween. My boss is letting me get out of work early on Friday so I can go to Lukas' parade and party at school. Then we have to go trick-or-treating. Then....at 9 pm on Friday, Jake has a Halloween party to go to at his "girlfriends" house 'til midnight of all times! Not quite sure how I am going to swing that....I'll either have to keep Lukas up 'til then, or have Jake try to find a ride home with a friend. Then on Saturday, we have 2 parties to go to....one is a surprise 40th b-day party for our friend Rusty....and then Rachel is having a "hide and seek tournament" which is basically going to be a big drunk fest...lol.

We're supposed to get SNOW today!! WOO HOO!! I love winter, love the snow....and I can't wait!

No comments: