Thursday, October 30, 2008

So, I still love my job. It's been almost 2 months now. Our executive director is going to be leaving us.....his last day is November 7th. He's re-enlisted in the ARMY....he's a retired "Major" who has been retired for like 13+ years! He will be going to Afghanistan at the end of November for one year. He is also my BFF, Beth, father-in-law. I'm sad to see him go, as I think he's an excellent boss, and very flexible and understanding (though I haven't had any major incidents thus far!). You never know what you're going to get for a new boss. I've been told that the hiring process could take months, which hopefully means that I'll be a little more busy here at work with just JoAnn and I in the office. Things have been VERY slow here, and I find myself sitting at my desk with absolutely NOTHING to do! To some, this would sound like a great deal....but I find it to be very boring! I am scheduled to take a Client Casework class in Syracuse next week. That should be interesting. I am up for learning anything new that will help me as I build my "career". I do see myself making a career at the Red Cross. JoAnn will be retiring in a year and a half (she's been here 22 years!)....and I'm not sure what the pre-requiste's are....but I'd be interested in taking her position as Director of Programs and Services.




I'm finding that routine is everything now that I have a job....even if I do only work 4 hours a day. You'd be surprised with what a difference NOT having those 4 hours makes! I get up with the kids at 6:30, and I'm on a dead run 'till 7:30 pm when I get Lukas in bed for the night. Before I leave for work, I make the beds, clean the kitchen, throw in laundry, pick up the house, and usually throw dinner in the crockpot. When I get home, it's more laundry, homework, finishing up cooking dinner, cleaning UP after dinner, then getting Lukas ready for bed (which is a major act in itself!). I am exhausted by nightfall, and I'm usually in bed by 9:30. Oddly enough though, I do enjoy it. I do, however, miss my naps! LOL! I have also found that I honestly believe that my bout of "depression" was caused by the fact that I wasn't working....as much as I enjoyed being home. I find myself now to be very upbeat....without my medication. I rarely have headaches anymore, and my body aches and pains are few and far between. Big improvement from just a few months ago. And the best part....I have some money coming in! Mike and I have not had even one fight over money or bills since I started working!




Tomorrow is Lukas' Halloween party and parade at school. The parade is at 1:30, but they are starting to get the kids ready around 12:30. I have been fortunate enough to find a job and boss that are allowing me to leave work early to attend. I always had the luxury of being there for EVERY SINGLE one of Jake's parties (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's, etc.).....every single one. I have been concerned for sometime now that when the time came for me to go back to work, if I'd be lucky enough to have that luxury again. I am....and I am so thankful. Tonight we have to make cookies for him to take in for his party. I chintzed out though...and I bought those chocolate chip break and bake cookies by NESTLE. LOL. HEY.....I'M A WORKING MOM NOW!




Lukas is going to be a "police officer", I think. Either that or he'll wear the wicked cute "cowboy" costume that I bought him for his birthday party. I wish he'd wear that. Jake won't be dressing up this year :( He does have an orange t-shirt that I bought him that says "THIS IS my costume!"...I'm sure he'll wear that tomorrow. I think I am going to take the kids to Copenhagen trick-or-treating this year....which will be a first. We've always gone to Watertown, with the exception of last year when I took them to Tylerville. Jake has a Halloween party to go to at 9 pm tomorrow night. Odd time, don't you think? It's 'till midnight! It's at my friend Char's house (her daughter is Jake's "girlfriend"), so I supposed I'll let it slide. Not quite sure how I am going to keep Lukas up 'till then.....I'll have to take him with me to go get him seeing as though Mike will be working.




Well, enough rambling I guess. Here is a pic of my office at work:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you like your job so much. Sometimes i think i'd enjoy going back to work, then i remind myself how much i hated it.