Friday, October 10, 2008

WOW...have I been BUSY!!

OK....so it's been well over a month since I have had time to update this blog. Actually, it's not that I don't have the TIME....it's that I can't stomach the friggin' dial-up at my house now that I have high-speed at work! So, here I am at work, and I am the only one in the office for the entire day, so I figured I would update this damn thing and get you people off my back...lol!!



So I love my job! Yup....I said it! It feels good to be back in the swing of things, and it feels good to have a routine again. Yes, I do miss my naps like hell....but if I come home right after work, I still have time to get one in ;-) There are only 3 of us in our office, my boss, myself and another lady...so that's nice. No cattiness or bitching. I have my own office too! A real office, not like my office at Standard that was on the main fairway to the shitter. There are days that I find it hard to get everything done that needs to be doneat home, but somehow, I do it! I am exhausted at night, and find that I am in bed most nights by 9 or 9:30. I have a new respect for working moms. I only work part-time and have a hard time juggling everything....how do moms that work full-time do it?? Routine is everything, so I try to stick to one as much as possible. I get up in the morning and hit the floor running.....laundry, making beds, making lunches, giving Lukas his bath, getting him dressed, ironing, picking up the house. I like to have things done before I go to work so that when I get home, I can just relax....which doesn't happen too often, unfortunately, because when I get home, there's homework, more laundry, dinner to make, and Lukas to get in bed.



On top of everything else, I was recently elected as PTO President! And if THAT weren't enough, I also got to keep my position as PTO Secretary. Not because I wanted to....but because with only 4 members and 5 officer positions....someone had to take 2 positions. I also recently joined the Tylerville Volunteer Fire Dept. Ladies Auxilliary. That doesn't require too much of a committment though, thank God. The PTO thing will prove to be challenging. You would think that in a tight knit community like Copenhagen, people would love to volunteer their time to help out organizations like the PTO. Not the case. Even our Booster Club is struggling with membership. People either don't have the time, or their just too wrapped up in their own lives. We have a major fundraiser coming up....our SYSCO pie sale....and I'm trying to get that going quickly as we got a very late start. Would like to have them here in time for Thanksgiving....that's the whole point of having the sale now. Uggggggggh.



This weekend is our annual "Camper Jam" at our house. We are expecting a few more people than last year. I am really looking forward to having some toddies, let me tell you what!! Tomorrow we cook our "garbage can turkeys"....yummmmmm!! The weather is supposed to be gorgeous, so that's just wonderful!!



Hunting season is in full-tilt at my house. Jake is legal to hunt big-game this year! He and Grandpa Shawn are all about hunting anymore. The sun rises and sets around hunting and preparing to hunt. Lukas' nose was a little bent out of shape because Jake and Papa had camoflage clothes and stuff....so Mommy had to go buy him some too! He LOVES them! Of course, Lukas loves any kind of "dress-up".

Well, suppose I had better get some work done. I am bored out of my skull...but I'm getting paid, so that's great! I'll try to post more regularly.

No comments: