Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day!

What a wondeful day today is! The inauguration of our first African-American President! I can't help but feel hopeful for our nation today. I see great changes coming our way....much needed changes in our government...in our nation as a whole. I am so very proud to be an American today....so excited to watch history being made. I am thrilled that my children will remember this day for the rest of their lives. I made sure that I explained the importance of today to Lukas this morning as I got him ready for school. At 5, you wonder just how much they understand. He knows that Barack Obama is going to be our new president.....but won't understand what a major step this is for our nation until many years from now. Jake, on the other hand, understands full-well......just not sure he really cares at 14!

I tried watching the inauguration in our conference room.....but apparently our office is the only one with a television, because the entire building is in there watching tv.....and NO ONE seems to be able to keep their mouths shut! I just want to scream SHUT THE FUCK UP!! How rude! We are watching history in the making, and you can't stop yourself from gabbing about the fucking pear cobbler you're stuffing in your face?!? UGGGGGGGH!!

Good riddence G.W. you God damn moron! Hello President Obama!

No comments: