Friday, January 16, 2009

What A Friggin' Week!!

I have never been more anxious to have the weekend arrive. This week has been the week from hell. As stated previously, my van had been in theh shop with numerous problems, including transmission issues. We decided that it was finally time to trade the wreck in. Monday we went and test drove a beautiful GMC Envoy. We did the preliminary paperwork, got my hopes up....then found out that because we owed so much on the van still, we couldn't get a loan. Apparently because we were buying used, they weren't willing to roll that much over onto a used vehicle. SO....then we decide that we are going to keep the piece of shit and try like hell to get it paid off this year. Mike called on the parts that we need, and in all, they were going to be well over $800 PLUS labor! Another big blow to the gut. If all of THAT weren't enough....I hit a damn deer yesterday on my way to work. A BIG ol' bitch too! That messed up the whole front of the van pretty good. Yet ANOTHER blow to the gut! This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise though. Perhaps we can somehow get everything fixed on this one claim....if ya know what I'm saying ;-) THEN....last night, I am leaving my cousin's salon only to find that my front passenger side tire is totally flat. Beautiful! Her husband put enough air in the tire so I could get home, then my brother-in-law, David, came down and changed the tire for me. I dropped the tire off at Ron's Automotive this morning for them to look at it......good news finally! We didn't need a new tire....just a simple patch job, and a measley $10!! WOO HOO!! Ya know....it's just been one of those weeks. It's been one thing after another. Not just the car....but multiple issues with my family (nothing major) as well as the daily dealings with my kids. I just feel like I could go postal...lol. Tomorrow we are going to my friend Char's for a chicken BBQ (Yes....I realize that it's winter!), and I plan on getting lit beyond recognition! Have a great weekend....I hope to!

No comments: