Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Visit From the Tooth Fairy!

Lukas lost his first tooth on Saturday! Here is a picture of him showing off his new "gap", as well as the little tooth pouch he made last year in Pre-K.
The pouch went under his pillow with the tooth in it, awaiting the Tooth Fairy's arrival Saturday night. How excited Lukas was to get not the 25 cents he thought he was going to get......but TWO DOLLARS! I'm not all that familiar with what the going rate is for a tooth these days. I never had to go through that with Jake. He lost all of his in one shot when he was in his 4-wheeler accident. I remember sitting in his hospital room that night as he slept....face all swollen and bloodied. I cried as I asked my dad what the Tooth Fairy leaves in a case like this. My dad thought that $20 was a reasonable amount considering what the poor kid had been through. We won't tell Lukas that story until he's much older.....he'll want to purposely knock all of his out so he can get a BIG toy! lol


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well the going rate in our house is $5 for the first one and $2 everyone after that:)