Monday, November 3, 2008

Jake's First Deer!

Jake "bagged" his first deer last night! A doe. I have been worrying for some time now about how this would go. Jake may not seem it, but he really is a sensitive kid, and I worried that his first "kill" would be a really bad experience.....but he seemed to handle himself well. He was with my dad, Shawn, down in Sackets at Shawn's cousin's house. He called me right after, and he sounded really shook up, but he later told me that his adrenaline was pumping! Right now, it's hanging in Mike's brother's barn. I am going to call the butcher later today and make arrangements to take it there. I told him and Mike both that they may as well have it made into croghan bologna and beef sticks becuase there is no way in hell that I am having my freezer full of that shit! I hate venison, and I refuse to cook with it. I will make the obligatory venison stew ONCE....and perhaps some steaks....but that will be it. Besides, I don't think there will be much meat.....if the deer weighs more than 90 pounds I will be surprised...lol.





Halloween went well. We went to Copenhagen and trick-or-treated with my cousin Heidi and her family, and Rachel brought her kids, and I brought my kids and my neice and nephew. It was "fun" I guess.....as fun as it gets anymore....lol. It seems that I got a little "treat" of my own that night....looks like someone hit my windshield with a BB. It's a small hole for now, but I am sure that it will be spidering out soon. Lukas ended up being a cop. His "best friend", Garrett Tufo, was also a cop, and they had identical outfits! Is it just me, or does Lukas bare a STRONG resemblense to one of the "Village People"?? LOL! Sorry bud....Mommy thinks you're cute as a button!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WTG Jake.

And as soon as I scrolled down to the picture, before i even read what you wrote i said "oh wow Lukas was one of the village people" LMAO