Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kindergarten Orientation

We had to be at the school at 3:30 for Kindergarten Registration. Like I said in my earlier post, I almost forgot about it (Thanks Jess!). Lukas was excited that he would be seeing his friends from Pre-K. I was excited to be seeing some of their moms! We met in the music room and the 2 Kindgergarten teachers, Mrs. Scholler and Mrs. Graves, both spoke first. Then they took the children to their classrooms while the rest of the administration spoke to us. With the exception of about 4 of us, most of the parents are "newbies"....this is their first time going through this. Most of them were emotional....lol. Me....not so much. I can not wait 'til he goes! Yes, it makes me sad to some extent that he's growing so quickly, but he needs and wants this, so there'll be no tears from me! I remember when Jake started Kindergarten. He was so THRILLED to be getting away from me, lol! That first morning I dropped him off at school, I started getting teary eyed as he walked away from me. He turned around and said "MOM!! JUST GO!! GOD!!" Anyway. Kind of got off track there for a minute. So, Lukas went with his teacher, Mrs. Graves, to what will be his new classroom. When I went to pick him up about a half an hour later, he was fully involved with some way cool tractors! His best buddy, Ethen, is in his class again this year, as are his friends Garrett Tufo & Cody Powis. Unfortunately, so is the spawn of Satan....Aaron Eves. This kid is without a doubt the BIGGEST asshole kid you will ever want to meet (then wish you never had!). Honest. It's an awful thing to say about a kid, but it's the truth. He's the WORST kid I've ever seen in my life. I'm sure this will be an interesting year, as was Pre-K, with Aaron in the classroom. He's a total distraction and the kids can not stand him. Mrs. Graves is an excellent teacher, and had his sister in her class last year, so hopefully she has an idea of how to handle this kid. She's an excellent teacher, and I requested in writing that she be Lukas' teacher this year. Well, here are some pictures of Lukas at orientation. Again, these were taken with my cell and are a little fuzzy. That's Lukas in the orange (in case you didn't know!).




No comments: