Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Running My Ass Off

Our weekend at Westcott's was wonderful. Mike and I had yet another great weekend together. The weather was great, with the exception of Sunday night when it downpoured most of the evening. Jake didn't end up joining us. My parents picked him up at the Nadelen's and took him to the cottage with them (My Dad has it for 2 weeks). We had a really good time camping with Beth and her sister, Terrilynn, and their families.....we always do! Terrilynn had a little accident on Saturday. While turning her camper table back into a table from a bed, she dropped the table on her finger and broke it. Beth took her to short wait where they took an X-ray and concluded that yes, indeed, it was broken. They then gave her 3 shots of novacaine and proceeded to manipulate it back into place. She has a splint and has to wear it for 8 weeks. They doped her up with Vicodin (Lucky Girl!!), and the weekend continued! Here's a picture of her finger (before and after!).



While we were packing up to go home on Monday, my Grandmother called my cell. She wanted to know what time we were going to be leaving Westcott's. I told her that we had to be out of there by 11. She wanted to know if I could pick her up from work in Watertown and take her to the cottage. Irritated, I said yes....but explained that I would have to a.) get the camper home, b.) unload it, c.) do a load of laundry, and d.) take a bath. This didn't seem to bother her at all. So, I did just what I said.....rushing my ass off the entire time. I figured as long as I had to take her to the cottage, that I would go spend a couple of days with my parents at THEIR cottage like they wanted me to. I couldn't see the sense in driving all the way down there, then home, just to go back down in a couple of days. So, I spent 2 nights with my parents. The kids had a good time, and so did I, actually. My mom and I took the canoe out for a ride yesterday.....it's been about 10 years since I have been canoeing! Then, my ever graceful mom took a major digger on the flat rocks out front. I think she may have broke her foot, but of course she wouldn't go get it checked out. Nurses are the worst! She says that she's going to have it looked at at work tonight. We'll see. I had planned on staying another night, but received a text message from a friend of mine who's little boy and Lukas are friends. She reminded me that there was a Kindergarten Orientation today at 3:30. Ugggggh. So....I had to pack up and head home. And here I am....home at last!! And I can not wait to sleep in my own bed tonight!








No comments: