Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ok......So We're WHACKED!!

Yesterday was our beloved Terra's 2nd Birthday!! Mike had to stop and get cat litter and cat food for the Skank (Maggie), and without me telling him to.....he picked Terra up some treats and a toy for her special day. I tore the treats open just enough so she could smell them, put them in a gift bag and gave them to her as we sang "Happy Birthday to My Pooch" (a more upbeat version of the original....lol). I had to go to Walmart after that, and while I was there I picked her up MORE treats and 2 more toys as well as a little "doggie cake" (a can of Caesar dog food). After dinner last night, I took the "cake", put it on a pretty paper plate with 2 candles in it. I also put the stuff that I got her in a gift bag. We sang "Happy Birthday", took pictures, and gave her the gift bag. All in all, I think she had a pretty good birthday! I sent the pictures to a bunch of people with my cell phone, all who wrote back and told me how WHACKED I am....lol. But, ya know, I just can't explain the love that we all feel for this dog. As corny as it sounds, I really believe that she was put on this earth for us to love. 5 1/2 years ago, our wonderful dog Molly was killed by the school bus. I felt like my heart had been torn out and stomped on. It was awful. Then we got Macy....and you all know how that worked out....Uggggggh. Molly was a part of our family and I really didn't think that we'd ever have another dog that could ever compare to her. Then we got Terra. She is in every way wonderful. And I am not the only one this crazy over her....Mike and the kids are equally smitten with her (Mike especially....lol). Ok. Enough sentimental crap....I'm starting to tear up here....lol. JOKING.....JOKING!!

Here are some pics from her party! They were taken with my cell, so they're a tad fuzzy.



MY HEART BELONGS TO A JACK RUSSELL TERRIER

A little Jack Russell Terrier

Fills my life

With laughter, love and play.

When we first met

I knew at once

My heart was won away.

Fiesty and intelligent

Delightful to behold

A sweet and loving spirit

With a heart of purest gold.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well we already knew you were whacked, but this just proves it more. LOL, just kidding. I tried to call you a couple times yesterday, thought maybe you already went camping for the weekend, i'll try to catch you this morning.