Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Wonderful Weekend

Our weekend at Happy Hollow was by far the best weekend that we've had camping this year. The weather was perfect too, so that helps alot. We thought a couple of times that we were going to get rained on, but it passed us by every time. When we left here Friday around noon it was a TORRENTIAL downpour! I honestly haven't seen it rain that hard here in a LONG time (the news that night said that we got 3 inches of rain in an hour!). We were a few campsites away from my friends, but that proved to be ok.....they're early risers and have a tendency to have wild food fights at breakfast :) The kids seemed to have a good time too....especially Jake. Of course, it doesn't hurt that Jake has himself a new girlfriend as a result of our camping weekend ;) I just wish that the people that own the campground weren't so damn bitchy....the old lady in particular. It just makes you so uneasy whwen you've got to go into the store for something. Ugggggh. What makes the weekend even better was that there was no arguing between Michael and I. We had a great time together. Things have been alot better between he and I since he got that f'ing truck of his fixed. Now we're on to bigger and better things to argue about.......

Which leads me to my next story. Mike has his mind set on buying an outdoor woodstove. His theory is a good one: it's going to save us a ton in heating bills. This is true. But not 'till the damn thing is paid off!! I figure that after about 4-5 years it will have paid for itself in what we'll save on our heating bills......but until then....we'll still be in debt from the damn thing! But....there's no changing his mind once he has it set on something. So that's going to be our next big project here, and the next big strain in our relationship. My yard is going to be dug up.....again. Mike has to dig a trench for the piping for the stove, and he also has to dig under the back porch. Now, for those of you who don't TRULY know Mike, you must know that he can not do ANYTHING without bitching......NOTHING. I love him to death, and he's a good provider and husband......but his is a HUGE BITCH.....lol. More stories will follow, trust me.

Tomorrow is Terra's 2nd birthday. My beautfiul baby girl. I have to run to town tomorrow to pick her up a little something....lol. I'll be sure to post some pics tomorrow.

TTFN!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh boy, another project. I feel the same way when a project gets mentioned here. ARGH! I think Mike and John are actually brothers, they act so much alike sometimes. Talk to you later maybe :-)