Sunday, August 3, 2008

Smith Family Camping

We left for the cottage on Wednesday and just got home today. It was another nice little "vacation" for us. The kids just love being down there, and as I may have said before, I love watching them enjoy it there. In 3 years, my grandmother will have owned the cottage 50 years! Mike's sister and her family brought their camper down on Friday night, and my Uncle Shawn and his family, and my Uncle Scott and his family had their campers down there too....so we had our own little campground.

We did alot of swimming. Lukas is becoming such an awesome little swimmer! He jumps right off the dock with no help what so ever. Last night, he and I went TUBING!! Yup! TUBING!! I friggin' went TUBING!! What a sight.....lol. But hey....I give myself a TON of credit! Lukas LOVED it. He was hooting and hollaring and laughing....lol. When we were out there, he said "I've been waiting 20 years for this!" LOL. After he and I went, I went out with my neice. She liked it too, but she was too cold to really say much. I haven't been tubing in at least 20 years, and actually, it wasn't really a tube then....it was some kind of pull behind the boat contraption that my friends had. I was a tad bit sore last night, but it was nothing that a few whiskey sours and a Captain and Coke couldn't cure!

So, Lukas' hair cut is growing on me. It actually looks really cute now that I am used to it. I think that I may keep it this way and save myself some money. His hair grows SOOO fast that I really need to take him about once a month to get it cut. Jake is in desperate need of a cut too. I may actually buzz his off tonight.

Mike's out mowing right now. Ugggggh. Our "Yard Rangler"....lol. He is O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with the yard. When he finally comes in tonight, we're going to watch a movie. Right now, I think I'm going to go buzz Jake's hair. Slate.....out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good time. Awesome that Luke is such a good swimmer! I'm getting a mental imagine of the tubing, LMAO, sorry couldn't help it, bet it was FUN though!!!