Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Job Interview!

I was browsing Craigslist yesterday and came across a job announcement for an Administrative Assistant with the American Red Cross here in Watertown. Everything about it seemed to be just what I'm looking for now that both kids will be in school all day, every day. I applied online, then sat by the phone all day waiting for a phone call. The name of the person that the email went to was "B. Otis". That name drove me crazy all day. It sounded so familiar. Then it clicked. I called my BFF, Beth, and asked her where here father-in-law worked. She told me "the American Red Cross"!! Excellent!! I thought so!! So, she called her father-in-law, Bill, and put a bug in his ear for me. Not long after that, I received a call from him asking me to come in today for an interview. My interview was at 1. I tried not to get too nervous so that I wouldn't get all sweaty and go in there looking like a sweaty pig....lol.....so I took my time getting ready today, and looked pretty professional, I must say. My hair even looked great! The interview went great, I thought, but I was the first of 10 interviews :( He won't have a decision until Tuesday when he's interviewed everyone. On a promising note, everything that they're looking for, I've done. The hours are PERFECT for me! M-F, 9:30 to 2, and $10.50 an hour!! Woo Hoo!! I really, really, really, REALLY hope I get this! I need a job of some sort so that I can have some MONEY!! I'm sick of being broke (as is Mike!). This job would allow me to be home when the kids get on and off the bus. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those hours would be awesome! I'll keep everything crossed for ya! I hope it helps that Beth kinda has an "in" for ya.

Unknown said...

Well did you get it? I havn't talked to you, i'll try to remember to call you later.