Monday, November 17, 2008

He's still alive.......

Mike made it through his surgery with virtually no pain or problems! It was a much better weekend than I had anticipated. He swears he never had any pain, just slight discomfort in his belly. He only used the frozen corn two or three times (I decided on corn as I despise peas!)....lol. He had to work the night before his surgery, so had not slept at all when we got to his appointment. That, combined with the valium they had him take, led to him sleeping through the entire procedure. We got home around 3:15, and he slept from 3:30 until 8 am the next morning....thanks in part to the Tylenol w/ codeine he took before bed and at 8:30 pm. That's all he took of that though (hahaha....more for me!). He has behaved pretty well as far as not doing anything too exerting. He did load the woodstove, but swore that the pieces of wood were only about 2 pounds....LIAR! I helped stack those friggers, and I know for a fact that they're more than that! He goes back to work tonight, and I just hope to hell he remembers to take it easy.

I have Lukas' first parent/teacher conference today at 2:40. Should be interesting to say the least...lol. I absolutely LOVE his teacher (Jake had her when he was in 2nd grade!) and she is definately what he needed for a teacher. She'll hold no punches, and I like that. I am sure she'll tell me all about his booger picking (she has a thing about that!), and how he likes to immitate Jeff Dunham...and how she's asked him to stop singing that "Cheater, Cheater" song....and God knows what else. He brought home his report card on Friday, and it seemed to be very good, so I'm sure that the majority of our meeting will be about his behavior :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just read this and looked at my clock, it's 2:40 so i bet you are currently discussing boogers. If i remember I'll try to call you in a while.