Friday, November 21, 2008

Sacbies and Pies.....Intersting Topics, eh?

Jake and Lukas both had dental cleanings this morning, which meant I had to take them to school afterwards. I took them both to the nurse's office so I could give her their excuses. There, she proceeds to tell me that a child in Lukas' class has SCABIES. All of the kids were checked, except for Lukas because he wasn't there. She told me what to look out for (knowing I'm not a moron and can check him myself). I then walked him to his class where his teacher also informed me of the Scabies incident. She had me bring home his towel that they use for nap time so that I can wash it. I didn't even realize that Scabies still exist!

Today is the day that the PTO pies come in. When I placed the order, I made sure to inform the salesman that we absolutely, positively needed a MORNING delivery, because with only a couple of people to sort through the some 1,000 pies, it would take us most of the day, and the parents are to start arriving to pick up at 4 pm. WELL--nothing EVER goes as planned, as most of you are well aware of. The salesman called me at 6:45 this morning to tell me that the earliest they could get the order there was 2:00 pm (maybe even 2:30!). So....what do ya do? Bite the bullet I guess. Christ. I'll be damn glad when this friggin' pie sale is over. It's been so damn time consuming and frustrating. Our profit is down $1,000 from last year, so you have to ask yourself, "Is it worth it"?? I'm sure come my Monday post, I'll have lots more to bitch about....for example, parents not coming to pick up their pies, despite being reminded a zillion times.

Rachel invited us up for drinks Saturday night....and I can't wait! WOO HOO!! Something to look forward to....and after the week I have had, I can certainly use a couple!

No comments: