Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Much Better Than I Expected.....

That's how I can explain my parent/teacher conference. We discussed everything that I figured we would, and then some. She is a super teacher....I'm thrilled that he has her. Just wish we didn't have the next Charles Manson in his class (Aaron). That's a whole other story though. She is concerned with this thing he's doing with his tongue....he kind of sticks it out and bites on it while he's concentrating. I tried to convince her that it's a hereditary trait, and that Mike does it all of the time (LOL), but she went on to explain that the occupational therapist at the school said that it has something to do with him missing some kind of a reflex. She said it's nothing major, but something that they want to keep an eye on. Honestly, I've been this route before with Jake, and I'm no stranger to the bullshit that they try to convince you of. I swear, there's always someone, somewhere, looking to pick your kid apart. I'd be the first one to say "Yes, let's get him the help he needs" if there was truly something wrong, don't get me wrong. But sometimes I think it's a bit much. I guess I shouldn't be so negative about it....guess I should be thankful that other people are looking out for the well-being of my child.....but at the same time....I think too many people have too much of a say and too much information about MY child....ya know?? If I'd have listened to Jake's pre-school teacher's back then, they'd have had him drugged out of his gourd on Ridaline after "assuming" he had ADHD. Whatever. You parents with younger children....just go with you gut and don't let people push you and your children around. Alright....I'm done bitching for now I guess. LOL.

No comments: