Monday, November 24, 2008

Sick Of Hearing About Pies Yet??

The pie sale went well, surprisingly! Other than freezing my ASS off, that is. The truck was at the school when I arrived, and we ended up with plenty of help, so the sorting went rather quickly. It was the standing around part that drove me nuts. We had to sit there and wait for the parents to come pick up their orders. At 7 o'clock....an hour early....I told the girls to go on home. It was too damn cold for us to stand out there anymore. I went home and took a hot bath, bundled up in my jammies, slippers and housecoat (quite a visual, I know!). I had to be back at the school at 9 am. I then had to call about 20 families to "remind" them that they had to come pick their orders up by 11 am. At 11, I had only 1 order left! That's great, I think. I really anticipated having to deliver a bunch of pies, and being highly pissed off in the process! Now that the pie sale is finally over (AMEN!), we are on to the annual "Evening With Santa" fiasco. I'll post more on that as it gets closer.

The kids spent the weekend with my parents, which gave Mike and I a nice break. It was really nice just to hang out with each other! No fighting or bickering with the kids...nice and quiet....almost eerily quiet, actually! I made Mikey a nice candlelit dinner Saturday and then watched a really f'ed up movie (Premonition with Sandra Bullock). The kids came home late yesterday afternoon....and things at the Slate house were back in full swing MIGHTY quick. God, I love parenting :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think John rented that movie but we never ended up watching it, guess we didn't miss anything huh.
Sounds like you had a good night.