Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Shocking News.....

If you're not up to listening to me bitch and have a pity party for myself, you'd better scroll to the top of the page and click the red "X" button now..........



So.........I was grocery shopping after work yesterday, and ran into my sperm donor's mother. She proceeded to tell me that Tom and his girlfriend, Gina, are "expecting", and that they haven't told Jake yet. They're guessing she's about 10 weeks along. I was shocked, floored....down for the count. I felt like I had been hit right in the gut. I just stood there, not knowing what to say. Luckily, that's all I did, because when it occured to me to say something, the first thing I thought of saying was "Well, I hope to hell he's a better father to this child than he is to Jake!". But I didn't. I managed to choke out the words "That's great" in a not-so-convincing voice. I still had to finish my shopping, all the while fighting back tears and rage. When I got to my car, I lost it. I'm not sure exactly what it is that I'm having a hard time grasping. First and foremost, I am furious at the fact that Tom has NO relationship with Jake, never has, and that Jake basically got the shaft where Tom is concerned. Not only that, but I'm pretty pissed at the fact that when I was pregnant for the 2nd time by that idiot, he was so determined that he didn't want anymore kids, that he beat the shit out of me, causing me to miscarry!! He and his girlfriend are two of THE most SELFISH people I have ever met, and FAR from being "parental" material. I know that people can change.....and I would say this is true in this case.....but for the worst as far as I am concerned. At least a few years ago, Tom made some kind of half-assed attempts to see Jake....but has made NO attempt the last few years. I am not planning on telling Jake....it's not MY place to. I will wait and see how long it takes them to tell him. I am furious beyond belief and hate that no-good-son-of-a-bitch even more now.

No comments: