Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Crazy Couple of Days

I had to go to school Tuesday night to tally the Pie Orders for our PTO Pie Sale. I decided to have everyone meet an hour earlier than we had planned. Good idea. At 9 o'clock, we were just finishing up counting the orders, and still had alot more work to do with them. I scooped everything up, threw it in my bag, took it home and worked on it until 12:30 am. We did much better than I thought we were going to.....we sold almost 1,000 pies (900 and 70 something)....and made a profit of over $ 2,000. Our PTO is officially broke since ordering the new piece of playground equipment, so this extra money will certainly help. I counted over $10,000 in money.....most of it in 1's and checks.....not fun.

I was up to see the election results, so that was a plus. I am thrilled beyond belief that Obama won.....I don't care what anyone says. It's time for some serious changes in the White House, and it'll seem nice to A.) have a Democrat in there, and B.) have some YOUTH in there!

So I went to bed at 12:30, but didn't actually go to sleep then.....I had to take a bath first to relax...THEN to bed. So, it was after 1 when I finally fell asleep. I was up at 5:30 to get ready to go to Syracuse for a Client Casework Class for work. I dropped the kids off at Rachel and Jeff's at 7 so they could get on the bus there, and I headed off to Syracuse. My class started at 9...and it was without a doubt THE most BORING ass day of my life! But, I stuck it out and I am now officially a Disaster Caseworker for the American Red Cross. I am now able to assist victims of disasters (like a fire) with things like finding them shelter at a hotel, providing monetary assistance for things like food, clothing, and replacing prescriptions, etc. As I said before, I hope to take JoAnn's place here at the ARC next year when she retires (she is our Director of Programs and Services)....and I intend to take any and all classes/courses that will help me be able to do that! I didn't get home last night until 6:30. I brought subs home for dinner. Lukas goes to bed at 7:30, so that left little time for us to spend together, so I crawled into bed with him and read to him. Then I had to do laundry, pick up the house (again), and fart around with the PTO pie order.....again. Then to bet at 9:30.

I worked 2 extra hours at work today, and now I am heading to my brother Matt's new house to put up wallpaper border for him.

I am REALLY looking forward to tomorrow night when I have NOTHING to do! Silly me though....I almost put my foot in my mouth and almost offered to go to Potsdam tomorrow night to help our ARC there with a Bowl-a-Thon.....but I didn't.....Thank God. I think the kid's and I will have a movie and pizza night tomorrow....perhaps a little slumber party in the family room.....they love that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun, the pizza and movie night in the family room that is.
Call me when you aren't busy, i miss chatting with ya!